Auto Scales & Service Co Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who we are:
We are Auto Scales & Service Co Ltd of Truweigh House, Ordnance Street, Blackburn, BB1 3AE and are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Officer) which covers the user of personal information set out below. We Supply, Hire, Repair, Service & Calibrate Weighing Equipment.
What is Personal Data:
Personal information is any information which we collect about you that can be used to identify you. It includes any information such as, but not limited to, your name, job title, company name, address, telephone number, fax number, mobile number, email address, website address, business transactions, bank details, weighing machine details, location of equipment and history of any Supply, Hire, Repair, Service & Calibration of Weighing Equipment that we have done for you.
How we collect your personal information and why:
Auto Scales & Service Co Ltd collect personal information about you in different ways such as (but not limited to) Email, telephone, fax, written or verbal in order to conduct our business transactions and services with you.
When will your data be deleted?
Your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected (within the framework of a contractual relationship or for accounting obligations).
The data must be deleted if it is not permissible to store them particularly if the data is inaccurate and correction is not possible. Where legal or practical obstacles prevent deletion, the data is blocked (special archiving obligations).
What rights do users of Auto Scales & Service Co Ltd have?
You can request information about what data is stores about you.
You may request rectification, deletion and limitation of the processing of your personal data as long as this is legally permissible and possible within the framework of an existing contractual relationship – this must be done in writing to the Directors of Auto Scales & Service Co Ltd.
Is data disclosed to third parties?
For the execution of our business transaction or Services to you your data may be disclosed to (but not limited to) our Employees, carrier services and third party contractors if applicable in order for the work or service to be fulfilled but we will never misuse any information we hold about you or pass it to other third parties.
Our data protection policy is intended to ensure that you are fully aware of data collection and processing so that you can make a corresponding informed decision.
Disclosure of Personal information:
We will not usually disclose your personal information other than as already explained other than:
- Where we are legally required to disclose the information. This includes sharing the personal information with tax authorities and law enforcement agencies for the purpose of the prevention and detection of crime.
- Where we need to disclose the personal information for the purpose of or in connection with any legal proceedings, or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or the disclosure is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing exercising or defending legal rights.
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interests or someone else’s interest.
- Where disclosure is required to protect your vital interests such as you are unwell at our premises and we may need to seek medical assistance.
- Where it is to a third party for the purposes of providing administrative or processing services on our behalf steps will be taken to insure the third party protects the personal information in the same way that we do.
Keeping personal information secure:
We know that you provide your personal information in good faith and expect it to be looked after. This is why we take the security of your personal information seriously. This means that we take steps internally in order to ensure that our systems adequately protect your personal information.
This includes personal information kept on the computer systems are password protected with anti-virus protection and that the information is deleted before the old computers are disposed of. Any paperwork that is to be discarded is shredded before disposal.
Your rights :
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data :
- Be informed about how we use your personal data.
- Obtain access to your personal date that we hold.
- Request your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Request that we erase your personal data in the following circumstances:
- If we are continuing to process personal data beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- If it is necessary to delete the personal data to comply with a legal obligation.
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- Personal data is inaccurate.
- Our processing of your personal data is unlawful.
- Where we no longer need the personal data but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Where you have raised an objection to use of your personal data.
Updating this Privacy notice.
We keep our policy under review in order it reflects the use of personal data.
How to contact us :
In writing to –
Auto Scales & Service Co Ltd,
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.autoscales.co.uk
- Telephone – 01254 676938
- Fax – 01254 676938
Call us on 0800 169 1247 orEnquire Online